Programs & Committees
Sustainable OKC currently has multiple programs and committees. All of our programs and committees welcome volunteers. If you’re unsure about what you want to do, or if you have other interests, drop us a line and we’ll discuss how we can work together.
Programs and contact info
- Buy Fresh Buy Local – Email here to get involved.
- CommonWealth Urban Farms – Email here to get involved.
- Green Drinks – Email here to get involved.
- Transition OKC – Email here to get involved.
- Volunteer management
- PR and marketing
- Development and fundraising
SOKC appreciates our volunteers, and the Volunteer Management Committee works to take care of them.
- Volunteer recruitment and retention and matching volunteers to programs, project or events they’re passionate about
- Volunteer database management
PR and Marketing
Exercise your writing and creativity muscles on the PR and Marketing Committee. This committee works on:
- Press releases
- Newsletters, brochures, flyers
- Website content management, social media, listserv and calendar management
- Exhibit displays
Development and Fundraising
SOKC is growing , and fundraising is a part of that process. Fundraising activities include:
- Researching and writing grants
- Planning and 0rganzing fundraising events
- Conducting fundraising campaigns